- The annual rites performed by the ancient Greeks at the village of Eleusis near Athens in honour of Demeter and Persephone.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Hadrian himself had worshipped at the ancient shrine of the Eleusinian mysteries in Greece and a variety of mystery religions became respectable and accepted.
- There he was initiated in the Eleusinian mysteries, visiting many other cities before his return to Rome, via Sicily, in summer 125.
- Demeter, goddess of the Eleusinian mysteries, progenerated wheat from her womb and delegated it to her son, Triptolemus, to distribute around the world's cultures.
Más definiciones de Eleusinian mysteriesDefinición de Eleusinian mysteries en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.