A small order of insects that comprises the web-spinners.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Despite the existence of some Neoptera in the Carboniferous (Blattaria, Orthoptera), it is highly unlikely that Dermaptera, Embioptera, Zoraptera, and ‘higher’ orders in the Neoptera would be any older than Upper Permian.
- A small brown insect that I first thought might be some type of Plecoptera or Neuroptera quickly revealed itself to be a webspinner (Embioptera).
- Embioptera (present-day webspinners) originated in the Carboniferous.
modern Latin (plural), from Embia (genus name) + Greek pteron 'wing'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He figured and mentioned a Permian embiopteran, but the features are vague and its assignment not definitive.
- The image shows the head, mouthparts, and forelegs of an embiopteran Oligembia melanura, stained with light green, cleared and mounted on a micro-slide.
- Only for the embiopteran H. solieri were the results discordant; this insect tested positive for infection with a Wolbachia-specific 16S rRNA gene, but there was no amplification with MLST and wsp primers.
Definición de Embioptera en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.