Definición de Eurocentric en inglés:
Focusing on European culture or history to the exclusion of a wider view of the world; implicitly regarding European culture as pre-eminent: the classical, Eurocentric view of how mathematics developed
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A Eurocentric nationalist view of history would posit ‘One World, Many Tribes’ as the oldest and least mature social formation.
- Rather, they map onto each other and reinforce a politically conservative, Eurocentric view of culture.
- The result was a Eurocentric view of world history in which Africans had no part.
- Example sentences
- It is unsurprising, considering the US' historical links with Europe and the ancestral ties of the majority of its citizens to Europe, that the US' foreign policy tends to display a distinct Eurocentricity.
- There is a lot to be done in South Africa for the poor land-dispossessed people of this country, rather than for this diversionary game of homosexuals whose Eurocentricity has now completely gone eccentric.
- Their construction of a nationalist philosophical system that eventually served as an apologia for Japan's aggression can be traced to such an experience of Eurocentricity.
- Example sentences
- Americans who are apt to argue that U.S. foreign policy needs constant infusions of legitimacy from the approbation of European governments are also apt to deplore, in the domestic culture wars, Eurocentrism in academic curricula.
- Every American has a right to patriotism and his opinion, but he has perpetuated the idea that keeps the Western world in a regime of arrogance, power, Eurocentrism, and inevitable conflict with those who pull its cargo.
- And the Eurocentrism has a flip side, a soft-headed multiculturalism in which movements in other parts of the world are regarded as hopelessly and wonderfully exotic and not to be judged or analyzed.
Definición de Eurocentric en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan