Definición de Eurosceptic en inglés:
A person who is opposed to increasing the powers of the European Union.
- In the 1990s Euro-sceptics called for referendums to decide on measures which involve a further integration of Britain into the European Union.
- It is fervently to be hoped that the mainstream Conservative Party with support from Euro-sceptics wherever they are - will give the robust leadership required to lead the nation away from mortal danger.
- Although Major won the vote, he was struck by the strength of the Euro-sceptics and became increasingly suspicious of some of his colleagues.
- Example sentences
- This means a hardened Euro-sceptical rhetoric from him, but also heightened tensions with the real Tory Euro-sceptics over withdrawal.
- And the question I'd ask you (even those of you who are deeply Euro-sceptical) is ‘would Europe be better off with or without its Parliament?’
- The block between the Atlantic and the Oder would only lead to polarised opposition from the remaining EU treaty partners, which would predictably turn to Euro-sceptical England or orient themselves increasingly towards America.
- Example sentences
- The small no majority in the first Danish referendum in June 1992 acted as a catalyst for a new wave of Euro-scepticism, and the ratification process became both long and painful.
- The UK Independence Party was rewriting the political map of Britain last night as a tide of Euro-scepticism dominated the European Parliament elections.
- This should be resisted, as he believes there are many who share his own Euro-scepticism, and who will vote to reject the Constitution, but who want Britain to remain in the EU.
Definición de Eurosceptic en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan