- A narrow passage leading from the pharynx to the cavity of the middle ear, permitting the equalization of pressure on each side of the eardrum.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- What is actually happening is that air is being forced behind the eardrum, via the Eustachian tubes, which connects the middle ear with the throat for passage of air.
- Pressure differences on either side of the eardrum are equalised by the Eustachian tube, a passage that connects the middle ear with the nasal cavity.
- A chronic middle ear infection is caused when bacteria or viruses that get in the nose or throat reach the middle ear through the Eustachian tube (a small tube in the ear).
mid 18th century: named after Bartolomeo Eustachio (died 1574), the Italian anatomist who identified and described it.
Más definiciones de Eustachian tubeDefinición de Eustachian tube en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.