Definición de Fabian en inglés:
A member or supporter of the Fabian Society, an organization of socialists aiming to achieve socialism by gradual rather than revolutionary means.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- A few months ago, a leading Labor politician told me that the ALP, throughout the Cold War, had had three main factions: the Fabians, the Social Democrats and the Christian Democrats.
- Meanwhile Attlee became committed to socialism, joining the Fabians in 1907 and the Independent Labour Party in 1908.
- Thus, neither the Fabians nor the ethical socialists showed much sympathy for the strong democratic programme of the S.D.F.
adjetivoVolver al principio
1Relating to or characteristic of the Fabians: the Fabian movement
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It was the domination of western style thinking and the growing preoccupation of the new regimes with Fabian style thinking that came in the way of citizens of the world, facing a new historical reality, together realising a better world.
- The dominant agenda grew from the Fabian perspective.
- In 1947, writing for an influential intellectual magazine he edited, this Fabian Confucianist none the less remained suspicious of the Communists' dictatorial tendencies.
1.1Employing a cautiously persistent and dilatory strategy to wear out an enemy: Fabian tactics
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For example, some of the economic implications of a Fabian strategy arise in the discussions of both the impact of the goal of slavery and the goal of independence on Southern strategy.
- Next, a Fabian strategy necessarily gives up ground.
- A popular strategic approach for smaller, weaker states, Fabian Strategy has its roots in the Second Punic War between Carthage and Rome.
late 18th century: from the name of Quintus Fabius Maximus Verrucosus (see Fabius).
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Kier Hardie, the founder of the Independent Labour Party, is praised for steering ‘British socialism away from Marxism and egg-headed Fabianism.’
- Those who struggle to understand the differences between Marxism and socialism, Fabianism and secularism might not be any clearer in their understanding after reading this book.
- What we oppose is statism, whether it's called Bolshevism, National Socialism, Fascism, Fabianism, or New Dealism.
Definición de Fabian en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia