Definición de Fabian en inglés:
A member or supporter of the Fabian Society, an organization of socialists aiming to achieve socialism by gradual rather than revolutionary means.
- A few months ago, a leading Labor politician told me that the ALP, throughout the Cold War, had had three main factions: the Fabians, the Social Democrats and the Christian Democrats.
- Meanwhile Attlee became committed to socialism, joining the Fabians in 1907 and the Independent Labour Party in 1908.
- Thus, neither the Fabians nor the ethical socialists showed much sympathy for the strong democratic programme of the S.D.F.
adjetivoVolver al principio
1Relating to or characteristic of the Fabians: the Fabian movement
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It was the domination of western style thinking and the growing preoccupation of the new regimes with Fabian style thinking that came in the way of citizens of the world, facing a new historical reality, together realising a better world.
- The dominant agenda grew from the Fabian perspective.
- In 1947, writing for an influential intellectual magazine he edited, this Fabian Confucianist none the less remained suspicious of the Communists' dictatorial tendencies.
1.1Employing a cautiously persistent and dilatory strategy to wear out an enemy: Fabian tactics
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For example, some of the economic implications of a Fabian strategy arise in the discussions of both the impact of the goal of slavery and the goal of independence on Southern strategy.
- Next, a Fabian strategy necessarily gives up ground.
- A popular strategic approach for smaller, weaker states, Fabian Strategy has its roots in the Second Punic War between Carthage and Rome.
late 18th century: from the name of Quintus Fabius Maximus Verrucosus (see Fabius).
- Example sentences
- Kier Hardie, the founder of the Independent Labour Party, is praised for steering ‘British socialism away from Marxism and egg-headed Fabianism.’
- Those who struggle to understand the differences between Marxism and socialism, Fabianism and secularism might not be any clearer in their understanding after reading this book.
- What we oppose is statism, whether it's called Bolshevism, National Socialism, Fascism, Fabianism, or New Dealism.
Definición de Fabian en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan