sustantivo (plural igual or Falashas)
- A member of a group of people in Ethiopia who hold the Jewish faith but use Ge’ez rather than Hebrew as a liturgical language. The Falashas were not formally recognized as Jews until 1975, and many of them were airlifted to Israel in 1984-5 and after.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The emigration of the Falasha from Ethiopia to Israel continues today.
- Here, the contrast between the Arab treatment of blacks, irrespective of whether they are Muslims or not, and the Israeli assimilation of black Jews of Ethiopia, known as Falashas, cannot go unnoticed.
- And the worry that some of the Falashas waiting to immigrate to Israel may not even be Falashas… this from Ethiopian rabbis in Israel.
Amharic, literally 'exile, immigrant'.
Más definiciones de FalashaDefinición de Falasha en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.