Definición de Fijian en inglés:
Relating to Fiji, its people, or their language.
- In stark contrast to Hawaii, colonial law in Fiji enforced a distinctive Fijian way of life.
- Linguists (people who study languages) usually refer to the Fijian language as a mix of about 300 dialects.
- Even now - after final confirmation that the highly dangerous Fijian strain of flu has killed two children and is the suspected cause of a third death - public health officials are refusing to reveal where the cases happened.
sustantivoVolver al principio
1A native or inhabitant of Fiji, or a person of Fijian descent.
- Native Americans and Fijians firewalked and a number of Christian saints were said to have firewalked for their faith.
- All these developments will improve the real national welfare of Fijians by around 0.51 per cent.
- This is especially true for Tongans, Tahitians and Fijians.
2 [mass noun] The Austronesian language of the indigenous people of Fiji.
- English is the official language in Fiji, though Fijian and Hindustani are also spoken.
- It is not clear whether languages other than English, Fijian or Hindi were included.
- Wesleyan Missionaries developed a written form of Fijian in 1850.
Definición de Fijian en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan