paint the Forth Bridge
- Used to indicate that a task is never-ending: it’s all over for another year except that we must immediately set about seeking next year’s sponsor—it’s a bit like painting the Forth Bridge[with reference to the fact that the railway bridge is so long that once its painters had reached one end, they would have to begin again at the other]Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Dr Hope added that caring for the Minster was a daunting task similar to painting the Forth Bridge.
- The old myth that painting the Forth Bridge is a never-ending process has not been true for some time.
- The trouble is it's like painting the Forth Bridge.
Definición de Forth, Firth of en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan