paint the Forth Bridge
- Used to indicate that a task is never-ending: it’s all over for another year except that we must immediately set about seeking next year’s sponsor—it’s a bit like painting the Forth Bridge[With reference to the fact that the railway bridge is so long that once its painters had reached one end, they would have to begin again at the other]Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Dr Hope added that caring for the Minster was a daunting task similar to painting the Forth Bridge.
- The old myth that painting the Forth Bridge is a never-ending process has not been true for some time.
- The trouble is it's like painting the Forth Bridge.
Definición de Forth, Firth of en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda