- 1A native or inhabitant of Franconia.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Germany, with the extraordinarily varied and distinct cultures of the Lander is an example to us all: a Bavarian would hate to be taken for a Prussian, a citizen of Lubeck would not want to be mistaken for a Franconian.
- Konrad Volkert went his own way as a passionate artist who portrayed his beloved Franconian homeland, the region with Nuremberg as its cultural and economic center.
- All of them were written down from Franconians and mirror mostly their point of view which is biased.
- 2 [mass noun] A group of medieval West Germanic dialects, combining features of Low and High German.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Old Low Franconian is one of the major Frankish dialects, spoken in the area now called the Netherlands, and is thus sometimes called Old Dutch as well.
- 2.1The group of modern German dialects of Franconia.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Being Low Franconian, it belongs to the same language sub-group as do Dutch and Afrikaans, and it is also very closely related to the Limburgish and Ripuarian varieties.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to Franconia or its inhabitants.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The appeal of Franconian wine was undoubtedly heightened from this period by its being bottled in distinctive round flat flagons, known as Bocksbeutel.
- Perhaps it reminds you of Frankenmuth and the other Franconian settlements in Michigan.
- Even within Germany, the use of Bavarian, Swabian, or even Franconian dialect in lyrics signaled increased regional self-awareness in the face of linguistic homogenization.
Más definiciones de FranconianDefinición de Franconian en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.