- A reformed calendar officially introduced by the French Republican government on 5 October 1793, having twelve months of thirty days each, with five days of festivals at the year’s end (six in leap years). It was abandoned under the Napoleonic regime and the Gregorian calendar was formally reinstated on 1 January 1806.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- From 1792 to 1806, during the years following the French Revolution, France used a different calendar, the French Republican calendar.
- The French Republican calendar was adopted and went into effect November 24th 1793.
- France adopted a reformed calendar called the French Republican or Revolutionary calendar, to replace the Gregorian calendar.
Más definiciones de French Republican calendarDefinición de French Republican calendar en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.