Definición de Gagauz en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual)
1A member of a people living mainly in southern Moldova and speaking a Turkic language.
- The 1994 constitution and subsequent legislation safeguarded the rights of minorities, and in the same year broad autonomous powers were granted to the Gagauz.
- By last year's end, that faction moved to reactivate the once-close relationship between the Gagauz and Tiraspol.
- Moldova has historically been home to a large number of ethnic groups, including Russians, Ukrainians, Gagauz (a Turkish group of the Christian faith), Gypsies, Jews, Poles, and Germans.
2 [mass noun] The language of the Gagauz, closely related to Turkish and having about 150,000 speakers.
- Azeri (also referred to as Azeri Turkish) or Azerbaijani is a Turkic language in the Altaic family; it belongs to the southwestern Oguz group, together with Anatolian Turkish, Turkmen, and Gagauz.
- The most common being translations from Gagauz to English and translations from English to Gagauz.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Gagauz or their language.
- On 24 May 1992, two Moldavian policemen were killed when they tried to stop delivery of a consignment to ethnic Gagauz militants, according to local press accounts.
- A new constitution granted autonomous status to the Dnestr and Gagauz regions but, despite the withdrawal of Russian troops from the Dnestr region in 1995, the situation remains tense.
- The conflict with the Gagauz minority was defused by the granting of local autonomy in 1994.
probably from Persian Kaykaus, perhaps from the name of Sultan Izzedin Kaykaus (reigned 1242–57).
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia