- 2The earth viewed as a vast self-regulating organism (see Gaia hypothesis).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He advocated its use to alter the insect life of earth in order to venture beyond the homeostasis concept to the mythical state of Gaia.
- But the life span of Gaia has to be measured in hundreds of millions, even in billions, of years.
- If Gaia didn't luck upon the right system for that problem on the first try, things would quickly become grim.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I would be a creature of the earth, primordial, unblemished, Gaian.
- If you have felt commanded by the Divine Imperative to protect Earth from planetary destruction, then you have undergone the first stage of a Gaian initiation.
- However, in its Gaian mode, as a self-organizing, balancing system it shows harmonies, creative emergence and the sustenance of life.
Greek, 'Earth'. sense 2 was coined by James Lovelock, at the suggestion of the writer William Golding.
Más definiciones de GaiaDefinición de Gaia en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.