- The highest governing body of the Church of England, an elected assembly of three houses (bishops, clergy, and laity).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Before the proposal could take effect it would need two-thirds majorities in all three of the General Synod's houses - bishops, clergy and laity.
- Meanwhile, a joint Roman Catholic and Anglican report arguing that the pope should be recognised as the ‘universal primate’ is to be debated by the General Synod of the Church of England.
- The General Synod of the Church of England has begun the legal and administrative process that will culminate in the appointment of women bishops.
Más definiciones de General SynodDefinición de General Synod en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.