Definición de God en inglés:
- What if the God at issue is the Trinitarian God of Christian worship and theology?
- She was advised to pray to the God of the Christians, who has power over all spirits.
- Even the Christian God at times would come into my dreams and makes himself known.
- Buddhists strive for a deep insight into the true nature of life and do not worship gods or deities.
- In Jainism, there is no worship of gods, goddesses or spirits.
- Hindus are truly monotheist but worship many gods and goddesses and see the same God in them.
- Both had wide platforms built around them in stone and mud, with three images of entwined snake gods embedded in the mud, close to the tree trunks.
- You're likely to by killed by a pant-dampening array of ferocious animal gods.
- A mountain is god, a river is god, and animals have natural and supernatural values.
- Alas, is this the fate the gods have allotted to the greatest journalist the British Empire has ever known?
- ‘Irony’ in its original form is the will of the fates or gods played out through the lives of mortals.
- What if that 60 minutes had been set aside by the gods of fate for your time to meet your lifelong soulmate?
- Ophim strives to uphold the Indian tradition that guests are gods; this will greatly appeal to the slothful.
- Posh and Becks have been promoted in status - from mere celebrities to gods.
- The process may have been low-key and painfully slow, but it has seen the old Republican gods and heroes repudiated.
exclamaciónVolver al principio
- You need the tension to rise higher and higher as you approach the end, and then you want to produce the Oh my God!
- Isn't there a point where you think: God, it's going to be great to be shot of all of this?
for God's sake!
- see sake1 (sense 3).
- An expression of good wishes on parting: good night and God blessMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Good night, God bless, and have fun with your modems and be kind to your RAM.
- And could I say to her and to Dennis, every good wish for the future and God bless.
- Now, after he nearly got run out of the game, he's a headliner, God bless.
God damn (you, him, etc.)
- Used to express anger or annoyance with someone.Oraciones de ejemplo
- May God damn this kind of political discourse and the contempt for the disabled that makes the Chattering Class think it's funny.
- You promised it wouldn't happen, God damn you, but it has.
- I'm positive that we can't win against these guys, and God damn you!
God the Father
- (In Christian doctrine) the first person of the Trinity, God as creator and supreme authority.Oraciones de ejemplo
- Letters from you and letters from people around the country about the practical, powerful, precious effect of the truth that God the Father of our Lord, Jesus Christ, is absolutely sovereign over all suffering and sin.
- But therefore hate they us, because we love thee: therefore persecute they us, because we acknowledge thee, God the Father, and Jesus Christ thy Son, whom thou hast sent.
- The Trinity concerns the source of creative newness in God the Father, the form of that creativity in Christ, with its power to overcome cruelty and loss, and its inexhaustibility in the Spirit that penetrates the shapes of human living.
- see forbid.
- Used to express a wish that something should happen: God grant he will soon regain his freedomMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Seriously though, God grant healing to the flight attendants and repentance to this guy through Christ our Lord.
- To find out more about this face of evil (and may God grant him swift and full repentance) go here.
- May God grant them both ease from their sufferings.
God help (you, him, etc.)
- Used to express the belief that someone is in a difficult or dangerous situation: God help anyone who tried to jolly me out of my bad moodMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Well if he thinks that emerging from North Street is difficult, God help the residents of Oakworth, Haworth and those areas if they need emergency help on a teatime rush hour.
- The reality was as soon as a soldier went on duty, the ‘safety’ was in the off position, a bullet in the barrel and God help anyone who fired at him.
- And God help anyone who tries to move them out of its beam.
- chiefly British The ideal or best possible person or thing for someone or something (used chiefly ironically or in negative statements): he appeared to think he was God’s gift to womenMás ejemplos en oraciones
- So, after four blessings in five years, we decided to make use of another God-given blessing, a modern contraceptive technique made possible by God's gift of human intelligence.
- I was trained to do what was in front of me and not to imagine that I was God's gift to the world.
- It's an insecure profession, where self-doubt is as prevalent and painful as it is necessary (start thinking you're God's gift and you're done).
- The absolute truth (often used for emphasis): I loved him, that’s God’s truthMás ejemplos en oraciones
- They have led the Witness to think that the distorted doctrines they have taught him or her are in fact God's truth.
- It's God's truth: People almost without exception - it would be hard for me to think of two or three incidents in 10 years where people aren't so nice.
- And they tend to go to an authority figure without questioning the authority figure and take what they say as God's truth and go with it as supposed to doing a lot of homework.
God the Son
- (In Christian doctrine) Christ regarded as the second person of the Trinity; God as incarnate and resurrected saviour.Oraciones de ejemplo
- The second aspect of the Trinity is that of God the Son.
- However, we will continue to be unlike Christ in terms of his essential glory as God the Son, a glory he shares exclusively with the Father and the Holy Spirit.
- According to this view, in becoming incarnate, God the Son voluntarily and temporarily laid aside some of his divine attributes in order to take on a human nature and thus his earthly mission.
- Used to express a wish or hope: one day, God willing, she and John might have a daughterMás ejemplos en oraciones
- And the fear, hopefully, God willing, is always a mirage that disappears into the distance… until the next time.
- Of course we are taping this a little before for holidays, so God willing maybe he was caught.
- Perhaps next year, God willing, I will be back and have more time to take it all in.
in God's name
- Used in questions to emphasize anger or surprise: what in God’s name are you doing?Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Where in God's name can I find a decent paella in this town?
- Let me ask you one last question: How in God's name did this thing happen?
- If you can say whatever you want to say, why in God's name would you say the same things as everyone else?
in the lap of the gods
- see lap1.
- Behave as if all-powerful: the fear about scientists playing God and creating childrenMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It may be tempting to respond to scaremongering stories, about scientists playing God and creating Frankenstein's monster and so on, by hyping the possibilities of science and making promises of miracle cures.
- Then the debate over cloning will be well and truly on, so prepare to hear an endless stream of anguished cries that we are on a slippery slope and politicians have joined the scientists in playing God.
- But such now is the power and pre-eminence of science in the culture of the West, that the temptation for the scientist to play God is greater than ever.
- Used to emphasize a strong wish or hope: please God the money will help us find a cureMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I hope, please God, that nothing happens to any more children, but it's too late for my Anthony.
- So, please God, let's hope we can get a positive result against West Ham.
- He can go for the Champion next year and the year after if we can keep him sound, please God - he is a very good horse and I wish I was still riding.
- see thank.
- Used after a verb to emphasize a strong wish or hope: I hope to God you’ve got something else to put onMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A sage once said that an Irish atheist is one who wishes to God he could believe in Him.
- We just hope to God that Pat is found and that his family can have closure, as we have.
- I spent that last day hoping to God that the landlord would not look up and keep the deposit.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- And Jerry's godhood overseas and tireless work for Muscular Dystrophy are oversold, plus I'm not sure I wanted to know quite that much about Jerry's medical problems.
- But when an apology reflects poorly on the mistake that basically launched the Cold War, they bang their spoons on their highchairs about any attempt to tarnish FDR's godhood.
- Andrew, the nerd manipulated by grandiose dreams of godhood, must admit that he, not some outside force, killed his best friend.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- This was the task that was given to all demi-gods, if they failed, then they would continue to live mortal lives - however, if they succeeded then they would be blessed with godship, and ultimate mastery of their element.
- All godships are in him and he appoints them their places; the gods of the dead and the gods of the living.
- The fact that they changed the English word from godship in the 1969 version to divinity in the 1985 version is also revealing.
godward adjetivo& adverbio
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- I note that the papal text moves to point out that the godward depth of Christ's suffering is to be taken in a ‘humanly inexpressible way’.
- Other features of our identity-racial, ethnic, national, gendered, and sexual-take their place in relation to this basic godward orientation and the responsibilities that flow from it.
- Discussing the nature of the church as a spiritual society of the converted, he declared that the church is the creation of the Spirit, for he is the agent in that regeneration which is the godward side of conversion.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- These women had no blueprint for laying open the way godwards for women, except fidelity to their own insights, and their intuition that the way to God had to equally available to all.
- He's not unlike Ender himself, in many ways; but, especially at times when his weltschmerz ascends godwards, he more significantly resembles Gordon R. Dickson's greatest creation, Donal Graeme, the small tough strategic genius whose grasp of strategy is paranormal, and who dominates all 40 years of the Dorsai saga.
The Old English word God is related to similar words in German and in Scandinavian languages, but not to the Latin and Greek words, which were deus ( see divine) and theos (as in theology (Late Middle English)). The top gallery in a theatre is known as the gods—the original term in the 1750s was the regions of the gods, because the seats were high up and therefore close to the heavens. Godfather and godmother has been used since around ad 1000. Godfather meaning ‘a leader of the American Mafia’ has been a familiar term since Mario Puzo's novel The Godfather ( 1969) filmed in 1972, but was first recorded in the early 1960s. The origins of the British national anthem God save the Queen (or King) are not known for sure, but the song was definitely sung in London theatres in 1745, when the country was threatened by the Jacobite uprising led by the Young Pretender, Bonnie Prince Charlie, and the words and tune probably date from the previous century. ‘God save the king’ was a password in the navy as early as 1545—‘long to reign over us’ was the correct response. The exclamations gosh (mid 18th century) and golly (mid 18th century) were originally ways to avoid taking God's name in vain. See also lap
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.