Definición de Graeco-Roman en inglés:
1Relating to the ancient Greeks and Romans.
- Furthermore, the Greco-Roman tradition refers as much to classical and Hellenistic Greece as it does the days of the Roman Republic and the Empire.
- Throughout this time Christianity in Egypt was locked in an often deadly struggle against the polytheistic religions of the Greco-Roman culture as well as the Hellenistic movement that began in Alexandria spread to other large cities.
- Islamic civilization also benefited from the Greco-Roman tradition, especially in the areas of Greek science and philosophy.
2Denoting a style of wrestling in which holds below the waist are prohibited.
- Bulgaria's wrestlers had another fine outing at last weekend's 39th Nikola Petrov International Greco-Roman Style Wrestling tournament.
- World title and bronze medal was taken by Bulgarian wrestlers in Greco-Roman style at the championship in Moscow.
- Inter-collegiate wrestling, which is practised only in American colleges, is broadly similar to the freestyle and Graeco-Roman styles, apart from the points system.
Definición de Graeco-Roman en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan