- 1Relating to or denoting an Upper Palaeolithic culture in Europe following the Aurignacian, dated to about 28,000–19,000 years ago.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These two caves set into a promontory in the foothills of the Pyrenees were occupied and decorated by hunter-gatherer groups of the Perigordian, Chatelperronian, Aurignacian, and Gravettian cultures.
- This was followed by the Gravettian, stretching from France to the Ukraine, featuring small pointed stone blades with one blunt edge, small female figurines are also associated with Gravettian culture.
- The ‘Red Lady’ would now be interpreted as a ceremonial interment of the Gravettian period of the Palaeolithic, such as are now known across Europe from Paviland to Moscow and south to Portugal.
1930s: from la Gravette, an archaeological site in SW France, where objects from this culture were found.
Más definiciones de GravettianDefinición de Gravettian en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.