- Church music sung as a single vocal line in free rhythm and a restricted scale (plainsong), in a style developed for the medieval Latin liturgy.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The early music section contains many rare finds, from Gregorian chant to Monteverdi.
- It would be laughable to say that Gregorian chant and Beethoven's Missa Solemnis are the same music, though it would also be folly to suggest that the earlier had no effect upon the later.
- This holiday celebration began in the morning, with clergy clad in white vestments and a choir singing Gregorian chant.
mid 18th century: named after St Gregory the Great (in Latin Gregorius), who is said to have standardized it.
Más definiciones de Gregorian chantDefinición de Gregorian chant en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.