Definición de Guarani en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual)
1A member of an American Indian people of Paraguay and adjacent regions.
- Last year I was one such person, who as part of a 10-month journey through South America travelled to the former Jesuit mission towns of the Chiquitos Indians in Bolivia, and those of the Guarani in Paraguay and Argentina.
- Since the natural habitat of this plant is in northeastern Paraguay near the Brazilian border, certain Native Americans of the region, particularly the Guarani, were the first to take advantage of its sweet properties.
- Although the Guarani gave women to the Spanish to cement their alliance, the Spanish took many more women, as well as food and other goods, by force.
2 [mass noun] The language of the Guarani, which has over 3 million speakers. It is one of the main divisions of the Tupi-Guarani language family and is a national language of Paraguay.
- Continuing to speak Guarani, the native language, is the way Paraguayans distinguish themselves from the rest of South America.
- So where I live now, there are no indigenous, but there's a racially mixed population which still speaks Guarani as its language, though they have Spanish surnames.
- I don't think I've ever read anything in Catalan about native American languages so I can't say for sure that Guarani isn't called Tupi-Guarani in Catalan, but I doubt it.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Guarani or their language.
- Guarani, a Tupi Guarani language and the language of eastern Paraguay's dominant precolonial indigenous population, is recognized as an official national language along with Spanish.
- But the viewer can also see the joy and richness of Guarani culture.
- Rather, Indians were active participants in the creation of a flourishing and unique Guarani mission culture.
Definición de Guarani en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan