Definición de Hakka en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or Hakkas)
1A member of a people of SE China who migrated from the north during the 12th century.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Hakkas had been a persecuted minority in the north of China, who moved to the south and then across to the Pescadores Islands and on to Taiwan itself, where they were the first Chinese arrivals.
- The Hakkas, usually mistakenly regarded as a minority race in China, are actually a unique ethnic sub-group of the majority Han nationality.
- In the mountains were many mines, some recently opened and employing ‘incomers’, a word which usually indicates the Hakkas, though some may have been aborigines.
2 [mass noun] The dialect of Chinese spoken by the Hakka, with about 27 million speakers. Also called Kejia.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Some speakers of Hakka - the second most prominent dialect in Taiwan, spoken by one-fifth of the population - also disputed the use of Taiwanese in the examinations.
- My wife would pretend she didn't hear the children's words if they were not spoken in Hakka.
- The main varieties of ‘Chinese’ (Cantonese, Hakka, Hsiang, Kan, Mandarin, Min, and Wu) are as distinct from one another as English from Danish or German.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Hakka or their language: the Hakka language and culture
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Hakka Perspective will run as a 26-episode program on Hakka language television channels sometime after July.
- Labor Exchange cleverly seizes the essential elements of rock as well as Hakka language and music.
- ‘The priority of the commission is to preserve the Hakka language in order to revitalize Hakka culture,’ Liu said.
Palabras que riman con Hakkaalpaca, attacker, backer, clacker, claqueur, Dhaka, hacker, lacquer, maraca, paca, packer, sifaka, slacker, smacker, stacker, tacker, tracker, whacker, yakka
Definición de Hakka en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán