Definición de Hare Krishna en inglés:
1A member of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness, a religious sect based mainly in the US and other Western countries. Its devotees typically wear saffron robes, favour celibacy, practise vegetarianism, and chant mantras based on the name of the Hindu god Krishna.
- He's a Perth guy, became a Hare Krishna, changed his name, and travelled all around the world.
- I have experienced that to a lesser degree in my life - being condemned for being a Hare Krishna, for being different and incomprehensible.
- I know someone down the hall whose granddaughter shaved her head and became a Hare Krishna.
1.1 [mass noun] The sect to which Hare Krishnas belong; the International Society for Krishna Consciousness: [as modifier]: Hare Krishna temple
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Frank's sister Yvonne and her Ghanaian husband, Shastra, live next to a Hare Krishna temple in a rain forest outside Accra.
- I ended up in a squat in Amsterdam and started going to a Hare Krishna temple.
- So now I am the proud owner of some Hare Krishna meditation tome with no English text whatsoever.
1960s: Sanskrit, literally 'O Vishnu Krishna', the words of a devotional chant.
Definición de Hare Krishna en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan