- A member of a hereditary Hindu group of the lowest social and ritual status. See untouchable.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These are the same Harijans who were promised equal status if they converted to Christianity, but are still denied equality.
- This class of untouchables (later called Harijans by Mahatma Gandhi) still exists in all parts of India.
- Walking almost alone, he managed to collect some 3,000 acres of good arable land and have them distributed to the landless of whom the vast majority were Harijans and Adivasis.
from Sanskrit harijana, literally 'a person dedicated to Vishnu', from Hari 'Vishnu' + jana 'person'. The term was adopted and popularized by Gandhi.
Más definiciones de HarijanDefinición de Harijan en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.