- 1A native or inhabitant of Hawaii.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Cousteau and his crew of 22 are already in the islands, exploring the mid-ocean ecosystem that native Hawaiians view as their ancestral home.
- Though Hawaiians dragged long, kelp-braided nets across the lagoons and deeper waters of their island homes, all knew better than to keep the jeweled Kole.
- Annexed by America in 1898 and granted statehood in 1959, Hawaiians have watched for decades as rich outsiders have swooped in and incinerated cultures.
- 2 [mass noun] The Austronesian language of Hawaii, now spoken by fewer than 2,000 people.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Fewer than 2,500 people speak Hawaiian as their mother tongue, most of whom are older people.
- Some of them are clearly members of the Austronesian language family, the family that also includes such languages as Malay, Hawaiian, and Maori.
- In the 1970s, Hawaiians revived their traditional culture, and the state recognized Hawaiian as an official language.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- 1Relating to Hawaii, its people, or their language.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Immediately after their arrival in 1820, the missionaries studied the Hawaiian language, analyzed it, and in 1826 established its orthography.
- Prohibition of hula dancing provoked a ‘discursive insurrection’ against colonial law in the form of traditional stories of the dance in Hawaiian language newspapers.
- They viewed the re-establishment of the Hawaiian language in school as one step toward Hawaiians regaining the rights and privileges their people lost through colonization.
- 1.1 Geology Relating to or denoting a type of volcanic eruption in which very fluid basaltic lava is produced, as is typical of volcanoes in Hawaii.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Diamonds are most commonly associated with Archean subcontinental lithosphere but nanodiamonds were recently reported from mantle xenoliths in EM1like Hawaiian basalts.
- A Hawaiian eruption involves the steady supply of fluid, relatively gas-poor magma to the vent.
- Hawaiian eruptions are characterized by lava-effusion (an eruption of lava which most commonly gives rise to lava flows).
Más definiciones de HawaiianDefinición de Hawaiian en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.