Definición de Hawaiian goose en inglés:
A rare goose native to Hawaii, now breeding chiefly in captivity. Also called nene.
- Branta sandvicensis, family Anatidae
- The researchers’ finding suggests that the nene and several other species of Hawaiian geese now extinct branched off from a population of Canada geese and colonized the tropical paradise about half a million years ago.
- When it was named the state bird in the late 1950s, the Hawaiian goose was on the verge of extinction.
- One of the first examples of successful reintroduction was the Nene or Hawaiian goose.
Definición de Hawaiian goose en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan