A rare goose native to Hawaii, now breeding chiefly in captivity. Also called nene.
- Branta sandvicensis, family Anatidae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The researchers’ finding suggests that the nene and several other species of Hawaiian geese now extinct branched off from a population of Canada geese and colonized the tropical paradise about half a million years ago.
- When it was named the state bird in the late 1950s, the Hawaiian goose was on the verge of extinction.
- One of the first examples of successful reintroduction was the Nene or Hawaiian goose.
Definición de Hawaiian goose en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.