Definición de Hemiptera en inglés:
1A large order of insects that comprises the true bugs, which include aphids, cicadas, leafhoppers, and many others. They have piercing and sucking mouthparts and incomplete metamorphosis. See also Heteroptera, Homoptera.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Diets of little brown myotis and eastern pipistrelles were highly diverse, consuming an even proportion of six orders of insects including Coleoptera, Hemiptera, Lepidoptera, Homoptera, Diptera, Hymenoptera, and Tricoptera.
- However, all species from the fourth hemipteroid order, the Hemiptera (bugs, cicadas, aphids, and kin), have the putative ancestral gene arrangement of hexapods.
- The polymorphism is common in many insect groups, most notably the Hemiptera/Homoptera, Coleoptera and, Orthoptera.
1.1 (hemiptera) Insects of the order Hemiptera; true bugs: in many hemiptera the wings are held together in flight
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Following KRP Singh's pioneering research in 1967, a large number of cell lines from diptera, hemiptera, and lepidopteran insects were established and characterized in India.
- One I saw today was covered with small red hemiptera (true bugs) that looked like box elder bugs.
- There are about 82,000 species of hemiptera worldwide, with about 12,000 species in the United States and Canada.
Definición de Hemiptera en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda