- The standard literary and spoken form of German, originally used in the highlands in the south of Germany. The establishment of this form as a standard language owes much to the biblical translations of Martin Luther in the 16th century. See also Middle High German, Old High German.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Sandra, like many in Switzerland, is multi-lingual; she knows Swiss German, High German, French, Spanish and English.
- Austria is the only country other than Germany where the official language is German, and approximately 98 percent of the population speaks High German or a dialect of it.
- In the poet's home, the language was High German, while the wider community generally used the more Latinate Romanian.
Más definiciones de High GermanDefinición de High German en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.