Definición de Hispanic en inglés:
1Relating to Spain or to Spanish-speaking countries, especially those of Central and South America.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- We've seen things from Vanuatu, the Hispanic crosses in South America.
- Many immigrants moved either back to Spain or to another Hispanic country.
- There has been less class conflict in Honduras than in the other Hispanic Central American countries.
1.1Relating to Spanish-speaking people or their culture, especially in the US: the New York Hispanic community
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- After all, the ethnic composition of the areas served by the clubs is heavily Hispanic, and summer camp is not part of the Hispanic culture.
- The influx of Cubans into Florida beginning in 1960 turned the Miami-Dade County area into a centre of Hispanic language and culture.
- Recently, it launched a monthly section called Tempo that niftily reports on Hispanic culture in the city.
sustantivoVolver al principio
A Spanish-speaking person, especially one of Latin American descent, living in the US.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Riley says that few of those students are Hispanics or African Americans and he wants to see the numbers doubled.
- African Americans and Hispanics shared the belief that education would help reduce the stigma.
- In the United States, among Hispanics, Mexican Americans have the lowest rate of asthma.
from Latin Hispanicus, from Hispania 'Spain'.
Hispanicize (also Hispanicise) verbo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Later he Hispanicized his name, changing ‘James’ into ‘Santiago.’
- Chamorro culture is deeply Hispanicized with over-tones of American individualism.
- Today Galician sounds more like Portuguese than Spanish, even if its grammar and vocabulary have become increasingly Hispanicised.
Definición de Hispanic en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Pakistán