Definición de Hokan en inglés:
Relating to or denoting a group of American Indian languages of California and western Mexico, considered as a possible language family. They include Yuman, Mojave, and several other languages now extinct or almost so.
- Tlapanec is the most recent addition, having been tentatively linked with Hokan languages earlier.
- The Hokan languages include families of languages in Mexico and in the western part of the United States, especially in California.
- The Hokan language, a dialect of which is spoken by the Washo people, is apparently of great antiquity - it belongs to what is very likely the oldest of California languages.
sustantivo[mass noun] Volver al principio
The hypothetical Hokan language family.
- Although some Hokan families may indeed be related, especially in northern California, few linguists today expect Hokan as a whole to prove to be valid, and the term is often used as a convenient label to simplify one of the most linguistically diverse areas of the world.
Definición de Hokan en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary