Definición de Holy Writ en inglés:
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It has been a sign of heresy to reject or ignore any part or portion of Holy Writ.
- Only those entering holy orders were allowed to study theology and delve into Holy Writ.
- This, surely, was one of Luther's greatest contributions, that of the democracy of the word: he translated the Bible into German, giving his humbler countrymen not only the chance to read Holy Writ, but also the tools of thought.
1.1Writings or sayings of unchallenged authority: research findings and conclusions are guidelines, not holy writ
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And the media should stop treating clever but flawed scholarship as if it were Holy Writ, especially if an academic argument seems to question the patriotism of good people.
- He had read the diet book and, as is his custom, was preaching it as Holy Writ to anyone who was either A) willing to listen or B) too polite to flee.
- The theory of evolution is now being treated like Holy Writ.
Definición de Holy Writ en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia