sustantivo (plural igual or Hopis)
- 1A member of a Pueblo Indian people living chiefly in NE Arizona.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They like to be called what they are - Utes, Hopis, Zunis - and collectively, they answer to ‘first people’.
- With coal, natural gas, oil and uranium minerals resources, the Hopis are members of the Council of Energy Resource Tribes.
- They share this language with tribes to the south of them, as well as with the Hopis in the Four Corners region of Arizona, Utah, Colorado and New Mexico.
- 2 [mass noun] The Uto-Aztecan language of the Hopi, with around 2,000 speakers.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He never actually spoke to a native speaker of Hopi, or even got closer to one than about 200 miles.
- Young and Morgan point out that Navajo, like Japanese, Hopi, Korean, and Persian, is a verb-final language following a subject/object/verb pattern.
- Most Hopis today, including the younger generations, speak both Hopi and English.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to the Hopi or their language.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Phoebe Hearst bought most of the tastefully draped baskets and blankets, Hopi kachina dolls, and Navajo silver in her Pleasanton house from the Fred Harvey Company of Albuquerque - once again playing it safe.
- Near the top there are more canyon views, but the sand paintings depicting Hopi legends, and the design of the building itself, have a way of commanding your attention.
- The Hopi Snake dance is the well-known ‘classic example’.
the name in Hopi.
Más definiciones de HopiDefinición de Hopi en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.