sustantivo (plural igual or Hutus or Bahutu /bəˈhuːtuː/)
- A member of a Bantu-speaking people forming the majority population in Rwanda and Burundi. They are traditionally a farming people, and were historically dominated by the Tutsi people; the antagonism between the peoples led in 1994 to large-scale ethnic violence, especially in Rwanda.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Altogether some 800,000 ethnic Tutsis and moderate Hutus are estimated to have been killed in Rwanda's genocide.
- The Hutus and Tutsis have a longstanding history of ethnic differences, which has split not only Burundi, but extends into Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Tutsis and Hutus remain the two main ethnic groups.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to the Hutu.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- However, he has convinced the area that he is the most important Hutu leader and the most credible representative of his people.
- And there is still one Hutu rebel group that refused to join the peace process.
- After the defeat of the regime two million Hutu refugees fled to neighbouring countries fearing retribution.
a local name.
Más definiciones de HutuDefinición de Hutu en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.