- A people of mixed Semitic and Asian descent who invaded Egypt and settled in the Nile delta circa 1640 bc. They formed the 15th and 16th dynasties of Egypt and ruled a large part of the country until driven out circa 1532 bc.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Egyptians under the Hyksos pharaohs invaded the Near East, and then came to Greece.
- After the Bronze Age, Amorites, Western Semites, Hyksos and Hittites successively invaded the area.
- According to Manetho, he was the last king to rule before the Hyksos occupied Egypt ‘without a battle.’
from Greek Huksōs (interpreted by Manetho as 'shepherd kings' or 'captive shepherds'), from Egyptian heqa khoswe 'foreign rulers'.
Más definiciones de HyksosDefinición de Hyksos en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.