- An order of mainly aquatic crustaceans that includes the woodlice and sea slaters. They have a flattened segmented body with seven similar pairs of legs, and many kinds are marine.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Neither Amphipoda nor Isopoda is known from the early Paleozoic when the Crustacea are generally represented in the fossil record by the valve-bearing Ostracoda.
- Since the Isopoda are not otherwise known as fossils until the Pennsylvanian, an isopod affinity for Esmeraldacaris would be unexpected.
- A good example is members of the Isopoda, which produce fully formed young.
modern Latin (plural), from Greek isos 'equal' + pous, pod- 'foot'.
Más definiciones de IsopodaDefinición de Isopoda en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.