- A common fungus with a brown rubbery cup-shaped fruiting body, growing on dead or dying trees in both Eurasia and North America.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Auricularia auricula-judae, family Auriculariaceae, class Hymenomycetes
- A delicious side dish, Jew's ear also can be added to many dishes such as fish, meat, chicken and all kinds of soup.
- Grind 15 grams of fried sesame with 60 grams of Jew's ear, half of it raw and half fried.
- Mutton, soft-shelled turtles, chicken, longan, chili, walnuts and Jew's ear are very good to enrich energy and blood.
mid 16th century: a mistranslation of medieval Latin auricula Judae 'Judas's ear', from its shape, and because it grows on the elder, which was said to be the tree from which Judas Iscariot hanged himself.
Más definiciones de Jew's earDefinición de Jew's ear en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.