- 1 (plural igual) A member of an indigenous people living in northern Burma (Myanmar) and adjacent parts of China and India.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Allies supported Burmese guerrillas (largely composed of Kachins, Karens, Shans, Chins, Lushais, and Palaungs), who were able to wreak havoc behind Japanese lines.
- Shelby Tucker has examined ethnic and cultural diversities and mentioned the social and cultural milieu of the Kokangs, Was, Akhas, Lahus, Karens, Rakhines, Chins, Kachins and Mons in the backdrop of ethnic Burmans.
- Perhaps 3 million Burmese, mostly Karens, Kachins, Chins, and Lisu, are Christians who accept animistic rituals like the Burmans, who are mostly Theravada Buddhists.
- 2 [mass noun] The Tibeto-Burman language of the Kachin people, with about 500,000 speakers.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There is one similar spoken language or dialect which shares the same language code: Kachin.
- Kachin is the main language among Kachin people and even some people of other ethnicities can speak Kachin.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to the Kachin or their language.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They sneak over the border with something they have taken from the Naga or Kachin tribes - a bearskin shield, a wooden mask - and trade it for salt.
- They were tracking pro-democracy Kachin guerrillas through the jungle.
- Each base commander recruited and trained small Kachin elements for his personal protection, for internal defense, and for conducting limited operations - principally sabotage and small ambushes.
Más definiciones de KachinDefinición de Kachin en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.