sustantivo (plural igual)
- 1A member of a people living mainly in north-western Zambia.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Major tribes are the Tonga in the S; the Kaonde in the NW; and the Bemba, Bisa, and Lala in the NE.
- The creature was described by the Kaonde of old as a huge red lizard with membranous wings like a bat spreading five or more feet, and with teeth in its huge beak.
- Their language is indeed called Chikaonde at times -- but generally not by the Kaondes themselves.
- 2 [mass noun] The Bantu language of the Kaonde, with around 200,000 speakers.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The papers - Imbila, a Bemba production, Ngoma in Lunda, Luvale and Kaonde, Intanda in Tonga, Lukanga in Lenje and Liseli in Lozi and Tsopano in Nyanja - should help fill the information gap in rural areas.
- Available in English, Nyanja, Bemba, Lozi, Tonga, Luvale, Kaonde, and Lunda.
- There are seven major vernacular languages which include: Luvale, Lunda, Bemba, Lozi, Kaonde, Tonga and Nyanja.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to the Kaonde or their language.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Senior Chief Kasempa of the Kaonde people is also happy with Government efforts to reduce poverty levels in the province through infrastructure development and provision of social services.
- Recollectively, in the 1940-60s, the mining companies drew their employees chiefly from such impassive ethnics as Bemba, Lala, Ngoni, Namwanga, Mambwe, and later from the Kaonde tribe.
- He and his wife went to the Kaonde people to introduce Christ as a Savior to those that would listen.