sustantivo (plural igual or Karens)
- 1A member of an indigenous people of eastern Burma (Myanmar) and western Thailand.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Nearly 100,000 members of ethnic minority groups in Myanmar, mostly Karens, have fled to Thailand to escape the fighting in their country.
- Another important region for the Karens is the eastern border with Thailand.
- The same would apply, for instance, to the Tamils of Sri Lanka, the Karens of Burma, the people of Aceh in Indonesia and the Muslims of the Southern Philippines.
- 2 [mass noun] The language of the Karen, which probably belongs to the Sino-Tibetan family. Its highly distinct dialects have over 5 million speakers altogether.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Other than Karen and Bai, Tibeto-Burman languages feature a Subject Object Verb order.
- Karen is a language cluster spoken in lower Myanmar, and in areas bordering Thailand
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to the Karen or their language.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Most famously, the Htoo twins, pre-teen mystic leaders of a Karen group called God's Army, grabbed headlines in 2000 as the most unlikely of guerrilla generals.
- The camp, accounting for 16 acres, is temporary shelter to 8,200 refugees who belong to a Karen minority who have been fighting with the Myanmar government for a homeland for decades.
- And on Monday a group of 10 men belonging to God's Army, a Karen minority rebel group, broke into a hospital in the province.
from Arakanese (a language of Burma) karang.
Más definiciones de KarenDefinición de Karen en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.