sustantivo (plural igual or Khmers)
- 2A native or inhabitant of the ancient Khmer kingdom.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the absence of piling, the ancient Khmers often used sand to provide a homogeneous foundation for their structures.
- Around 1260 the kingdom of Sukhothai became independent from the Khmers and King Rama Khamheng declared Theravda the state religion.
- Other civilizations - the Khmer, Maya, Anasazi have also disappeared and resource over-exploitation is being suggested as a possible contributor in many cases.
- 3A native or inhabitant of Cambodia.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Many prostitutes are trafficked from Viet Nam, but most are ethnic Khmers, the majority race in Cambodia.
- Of course it was the Burmese, not the Khmer, who successfully laid siege to and then sacked Ayutthaya in 1767.
- I quickly came to remember why the Khmer have a reputation for huge smiles.
- 4 [mass noun] The language of the Khmer, belonging to the Mon-Khmer family. It is the official language of Cambodia, spoken by about 7 million people. Also called Cambodian.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Proceedings will be conducted in Cambodia's official language Khmer with English, French and Russian translations.
- According to the bill, the tribunal will be located in Phnom Penh and the proceedings conducted in Cambodia's official language Khmer, with English, French and Russian translations.
- The official language is Khmer, and French is the second most common language.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to the Khmer or their language.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the 1990s there was a cultural revival among the Khmer in the northeast that included the formation of dance and music groups to promote Khmer culture.
- It was worth it, as it is one of the most beautiful and important historic Khmer sites in Thailand.
- By the end of the decade, Khmer nationalism began to reassert itself against the traditional Vietnamese enemy.
the name in Khmer.
Más definiciones de KhmerDefinición de Khmer en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.