sustantivo (plural igual or Koryaks)
- 1A member of an indigenous people of the northern Kamchatka peninsula.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Koryaks, 6,600 of whom live in Kamchatka, were Riddu Riddu's ‘Northern People of 2003.’
- The two main groups of tribal peoples living there, the Koryaks and the Itel'mens, had written asking for help in putting their case across and this, with help from the Russian Academy of Sciences, was all that was needed to get a permit.
- An early account of this curious practice states of the Koryaks that ‘when they make a feast, they pour water on some of these mushrooms and boil them.’
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to the Koryaks or their language.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Sitting beside a fast flowing river watching a Koryak woman deftly filleting two dozen salmon of between five and ten pounds, it was hard to believe in the threats to their economy.
- They brought traditional games and food to the festival, and a Koryak lunch of boiled reindeer meat, broiled salmon and fish cakes, showed that a similar diet unites the circumpolar peoples as well.
- As I cowered in terror from my perch on the sled, our Koryak driver explained that they were ‘just keen to break the sled.’
from Russian koryaki (plural).