- A distinctive Scottish literary form of English, based on standard older Scots.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They also deal with his fall-out with Edwin Muir over the use of Lallans versus standard English.
- Scotland may well be grateful to MacDiarmid for his early efforts to achieve a Scots Renaissance, but to the unkilted reader there still seems something quaint, and rather bogus, in the dredged-up archaisms of literary Lallans.
- The closest thing to a national tongue is the pidgin Lallans, or Lowland Scots, which is what Burns wrote his poetry in and is the most pyrotechnically expressive, lively, intuitive and humorous language in the world.
adjetivoVolver al principio
early 18th century (also, as an adjective, Lallan): Scots variant of Lowlands, with reference to a central Lowlands dialect.
Más definiciones de LallansDefinición de Lallans en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.