Part of French Indo-China, Laos became independent in 1949, but for most of the next twenty-five years was torn by civil strife between the communist Pathet Lao movement and government supporters. In 1975 the Pathet Lao achieved total control and a communist republic was established
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But actually this explanation doesn't make sense: the small number of Afghans in South-East Asia is a drop in the ocean compared to the Bangladeshis, Laotians and others illegally on foreign soil in the region.
- Fifty-eight thousand Americans and approximately two million Vietnamese, Cambodians, and Laotians lost their lives.
- My school - Lao Youth Union's Youth-Child Development Centre - is located 75 kilometres north of Vientiane, the Laotian capital.
Definición de Laos en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.