late 16th century: from Swedish Lappland, from Lapp (see Lapp) + land 'land'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The practices for doing this vary very little all over the world - amongst the Australian Aborigines, the Laplanders in northern Russia, the Inuit and American Indians, or the native Shamans in the Amazon jungles.
- The landscape - mainly lakes and forests stretching to the horizon - becomes carpeted with wildflowers and the Laplanders themselves, starved of sun during the winter, spend every possible moment they can out of doors.
- ‘In summer, we fish and make love,’ one Laplander deadpanned.
Definición de Lapland en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.