- A class of minute transparent planktonic animals related to the sea squirts. They have a tadpole-like body which is typically enclosed in a gelatinous ‘house’ that is regularly shed and replaced.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Within the urochordates, both genes placed Oikopleura (class Larvacea) as the sister group to all other urochordates.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Ascidians and thaliaceans (which, along with the larvaceans, comprise the subphylum Urochordata) display a biphasic life-history with morphologically dissimilar larval and adult body plans.
- This supposition is largely based on data which suggests that, within the urochordates, the directly developing larvaceans are most primitive and the other two chordate subphyla are exclusively directly developing.
- Other more sophisticated jelly creatures include some mollusks and snails, and tunicates - sea squirts, salps and larvaceans.
modern Latin (plural), from larva.
Más definiciones de LarvaceaDefinición de Larvacea en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.