Much of Libya forms part of the Sahara Desert, with a narrow coastal plain bordering the Mediterranean; the country has major oil deposits. The area came under Turkish domination in the 16th century, was annexed by Italy in 1912, and became an independent kingdom in 1951
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There were reasons for all this attention, and it wasn't just sentimentality: in Roman times, the Libyans were key exporters of a different sort of oil, made from olives.
- Certainly in the times of the Egyptian pharaohs, slaves were taken from among all enemies that included Asians, Libyans, and Nubians.
- Apparently, modern Libyans think the same, because groups of young girls, families with small children and a few teenagers strolled back and forth, revelling in the place.
Más definiciones de LibyaDefinición de Libya en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.