Definición de Lombard en inglés:
1A member of a Germanic people who invaded Italy in the 6th century.
- Across those Alps, in the 6th century, came a Germanic tribe called the Lombards.
- Christianity had grown in influence even before the Lombards came to Italy, and by the end of the seventh century most Lombards were Catholics (perhaps with a tinge of syncretism in many cases).
- In 568 the Lombards invaded, a people even more wantonly destructive than the Vandals.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to Lombardy, or to the Lombards or their language.
- Even Ostrogoth and Lombard kings, their barbarian ways tamed by the people they were supposed to have conquered, built houses in Bellagio.
- On Friday, with suitable fanfare, the 29th Alpine World Ski Championships will open in the small Lombard town of Bormio, and over the following fortnight, anybody with a passing interest in ski racing will be in for a treat.
- Beltrami's research on Leonardo's Lombard career went hand in hand with his reconstruction and restoration of Leonardo-related architectural sites.
Definición de Lombard en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan