Definición de Lombardy poplar en inglés:
A black poplar of a variety which has a distinctive tall, slender columnar form. It arose as a mutation in Italy and is widely cultivated.
- Populus nigra variety italica, family Salicaceae
- He personally designed and supervised the planting of Lombardy poplars along Pennsylvania Avenue from the Capitol to the White House, in what Choukas-Bradley called ‘the first Washington street treeplanting on record.’
- The village in Virginia which was our home consisted of two sleepy streets lined with Lombardy poplars, creeping between a slow-moving river and silent, brooding hills.
- White fringe trees flanked the central steps and fountain terraces, and Lombardy poplars added vertical accents in the Italian taste.
Definición de Lombardy poplar en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan