London was settled as a river port and trading centre, called Londinium, shortly after the Roman invasion of ad 43, and, since the Middle Ages, has been a flourishing centre. It is divided administratively into the City of London, which is the country’s financial centre, and thirty-two boroughs
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A mayoralty that focuses exclusively on particular areas will divide and disillusion Londoners.
- They belong to all Londoners and should be protected for their use.
- Their attack has driven Londoners closer together not farther apart, and made them still more proud of their city.
Más definiciones de LondonDefinición de London en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.