Definición de Lozi en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or Lozis)
1A member of an African people living mainly in western Zambia.
- Among the Lozis of Western Province, the chief's councillors could pass a vote of no confidence in the Litunga if he failed to rule competently.
- A troop of traditionally dressed Lozis paddle it with pride.
- He said it was not good to have the alliance because the Kazanga ceremony was for the Nkoyas while the Kuomboka was for Lozis.
2 [mass noun] The Bantu language of the Lozi, with about 450,000 speakers.
- Laced with mostly traditional songs from Northern, Eastern and Western Provinces, the album is in four languages, which include Lozi, Bemba, Nyanja and Bisa.
- The main vernacular languages are Bemba, Lozi, Luanda, Luvale, Nyanja, Tonga, and Tumbuka.
- Other large languages are Tonga, Luvale, and Lozi.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Lozi or their language.
- Every year during the rainy season as the floodwater of the upper Zambezi River valley rises, the Lozi people make a ceremonial move to higher ground.
- Lewanika had arranged to lay on an exhibition and demonstration of traditional Lozi crafts in the Barotse Centre.
- A traditional ruler of the Lozi people in Senanga submitted in his individual capacity that there should be a clause in the Constitution to ensure that retired people were given their dues on time.
a local name.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan