sustantivo (plural igual or Lozis)
- 1A member of an African people living mainly in western Zambia.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Among the Lozis of Western Province, the chief's councillors could pass a vote of no confidence in the Litunga if he failed to rule competently.
- A troop of traditionally dressed Lozis paddle it with pride.
- He said it was not good to have the alliance because the Kazanga ceremony was for the Nkoyas while the Kuomboka was for Lozis.
- 2 [mass noun] The Bantu language of the Lozi, with about 450,000 speakers.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Laced with mostly traditional songs from Northern, Eastern and Western Provinces, the album is in four languages, which include Lozi, Bemba, Nyanja and Bisa.
- The main vernacular languages are Bemba, Lozi, Luanda, Luvale, Nyanja, Tonga, and Tumbuka.
- Other large languages are Tonga, Luvale, and Lozi.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to the Lozi or their language.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Every year during the rainy season as the floodwater of the upper Zambezi River valley rises, the Lozi people make a ceremonial move to higher ground.
- Lewanika had arranged to lay on an exhibition and demonstration of traditional Lozi crafts in the Barotse Centre.
- A traditional ruler of the Lozi people in Senanga submitted in his individual capacity that there should be a clause in the Constitution to ensure that retired people were given their dues on time.
a local name.