Definición de Luo en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or Luos)
1A member of an East African people of Kenya and the upper Nile valley.
- Even her first marriage to Otieno, a Luo, stretched boundaries as she is a Kikuyu, famous rivals of Luos for political and cultural reasons.
- The provincial capital of Kisumu is the third-largest city in Kenya and is a major cultural center for the Luo.
- Most of the wealthiest people are Kikuyu, followed by the Luo.
2 [mass noun] The Nilotic language of the Luo, with more than 3 million speakers.
- Other ethnic languages include Luo, Kikuyu, Kamba, Luyia, Gusii, and Kalenjin, which are usually spoken at home.
- They speak Luo, which is their mother tongue, and learn Kiwahili as well.
- EAE is greatly influenced by such languages as Swahili at large, Kikuyu in Kenya, Chichewa in Malawi, Luo in Kenya and Tanzania, and Shona in Zimbabwe.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Luo or their language.
- Among the ceramic works featured in ‘Transforming through Fire’ were an Akan terracotta head, an Ijebu figure of an Ogboni or Oshugbo chief, a Ga'anda ancestral pot, and a Luo storage vessel.
- In the Luo culture, there is no bigger event than a funeral feast.
- Even young Luo teenagers, who nowadays live in Nairobi and rarely visit Luoland, nevertheless have learned to speak Dholuo fluently.
the name in Luo.
Words that rhyme with Luoduo
Definición de Luo en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan