Annexed by France in 1795, Luxembourg became an independent grand duchy as a result of the Treaty of Vienna in 1815. It formed a customs union with Belgium in 1922, extended in 1948 into the Benelux Customs Union with the Netherlands. It was a founder member of the EEC in 1957
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Only the Dutch and a handful of Luxembourgers are chirpier about their prospects, while the Spanish and Greek look downright gloomy.
- The plane carried 15 Germans, two French, and five Luxembourgers, including the crew.
- The less engaging Dutch and Luxembourgers who follow him in the presidency will not find it any easier.
Definición de Luxembourg en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.